Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 2nd, 2010

The last time I blogged, I was just a bored kid during the summer. Now, I am officially a University of Oregon student! I am writing this from my dorm, and It is currently 70 degrees inside. Outside, Id say its around 55-60 degrees. My roommate, Natalie is at the Blackout game tonight, so Im in my dorm with Megan watching movies. Hamilton has a "mini-blockbuster" where we can rent movies and games for free! So, we rented a bunch to keep us busy until Natalie comes back with Krystal. University of Oregon is playing Stanford tonight, and hopefully they'll win! Thats another thing about Oregon...Everyone is so spirited and the entire city of Eugene is a college city. Which, is so nice! I love that wherever I go around town, theres either a duck, and "O", or the school colors. Its really quite uplifting!

Saying goodbye to my mom was probably the hardest thing ive ever had to do. I did not want my mom to leave because then i would be alone. Even though i would have my roommate and Jenna...I wouldnt have my mom, who is the reason I live. She is what I live for, I love her so much. You could say Im a "mama's girl"...but it wouldnt be insulting, i would only agree :)

Once my mom left, I was a complete wreck. I dont think i was more depressed in my life. It sounds like im exaggerating, or like im a "big baby" because im an adult....but adjusting to life away from home is really hard! And to deal with it, I had to tell a lot of people to get their support. I had my roommate of course, and Megan, and Jenna...But then I also made friends with people in classes and told them too. And then I told my FA. Then I talked to my RA about it for a couple hours, which I found to be the most helpful, and Shes a really good friend now! And lastly, I talked to the lunch-lady. Yes, I did. It sounds weird, but its true! As I was paying for lunch or whatever it is i was eating, She asked how I was. And she was probably expecting, "Fine thanks, how are you?" But no. I replied, "Im homesick" And it wa really helpful! because she made me realize that everyone at college is in the same boat.

Starting my classes was also a huge help to getting over my sadness of being away from home. Once classes started I felt so much busier, and I was. Like, right now i really should be reading my 100's of pages, starting my handful of projects, and writing those essays. I have only been in school for 5 days and already I am swamped with homework. But, it IS college, and supposedly, it is HIGHER education. I guess that means its hard?

So, now it is 1am...me and Natalie just walked in the door. We were over at Carson's, which was amazingly fun. It is freezing cold outside, its like 50 degrees with a windchill. I, like a dumbass, was outside in a T-shirt and slippers. Theres still a party in my hallway, and people yelling outside. We ended up winning the game, which is awesome! The score was 52-31! Everyone is really happy. Really, really happy. Over-the-top happy, its almost unnecessary. But, it does feel really good to finally be a part of a school that wins for once, and is loved by the school!

Well, tomorrow is my homework day...since i waited all weekend to do it, and now is the only day to do since i go back to school on monday...I will try my best to blog everyday, but as you can tell...ive been quite busy! But, I promise you, I will try!


Until whenever I have time!


Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww I'm a mama's girl too! Lol, it's the only thing I can be rofl! But I'm so glad the homework and busy life made you forget your sadness. Don't party too much, remember you're there for a "HIGHER education"!!!! Hahaha but some fun is allowed here and there, sorry for sending your letter soooo frikken late. Ugh. I too, have been busy =/ in search of a job while babysitting. Damn it...
    :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha its okay!! hahaha I am SO a mamas girl! its ridiculous! awww work at Rubys! no, actually, dont it sucks haha


    Love you!!


    :)

    ReplyDelete